As part of the Yamhill County 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness, we have adopted the Community Connect. This event is about connecting our community members with resources that they may need. This year, YCAP partnered with The Housing Authority of Yamhill County, WorkSource Oregon Yamhill Center, McMinnville Habitat for Humanity and Waste Management to plan the event.
Project overview: This one-day FREE event has informational booths pertaining to topics around employment, housing, education, families, veterans, safety and more. We also address immediate needs at the event with: medical screenings, free dental care, veterinarians, bike repair, haircuts, and food. Each year the County has granted the event of the Connect as a free transit day. This means that for each year, anyone in the County has always had free transportation to the event! It’s a great opportunity for guests to get connected and also for providers to learn more about other agencies.
2011 Community Connect Data:
- More than 400 guests
- 70 service providers and medical entities represented
- Nearly 70 volunteers
2012 Community Connect Information:
- More than 600 attendees and 300 individuals who contributed during the day.
- The event was held at Sue Buel Elementary School, 1985 SE Davis St. McMinnville, OR 97128
- This event serves as an action step inteh Yamhill County 10-year Ending Homlessness Plan.
- Click here to read the 2012 Yamhill County Community Connect Final Report.