Our Weatherization program provides free weatherization services to income eligible residents (homeowners and renters) of Yamhill County. Approximately 30-40 homes are completed each year. Income eligible clients must be at or below 200% of Federal Poverty. The goal is to lower energy usage in order to lower utility costs.
Funds used to weatherize homes are provided by federal government grants, utility rebates and/or rate payer funds. There is no cost to the homeowner or renter, and at no time is there a lien or attachment to property or possessions. In some cases necessary repairs or weatherization services beyond the scope of this program will be the responsibility of the property owner.
An energy audit will be conducted to identify and prioritize cost-effective weatherization measures. Weatherization measures may include:
- General Heat Waste: Seal or repair air infiltration areas such as: broken window glass, reglazing windows, interior caulking, weather-strip windows and doors, wrap water heater, and water pipes.
- Base load Measures: Replace Refrigerator based on metered results. Install compact fluorescent lighting, and low-flow shower and faucet kits.
- Heating Systems: Pressure test forced air system, air seal and insulate supply and return duct system. Install as appropriate: flame retention burners, electronic ignition devices, and heating system repairs.
- Attic Insulation: Bring ventilation up to code, provide protective barriers around heat-producing devices, and insulate to cost-effective level.
- Wall Insulation: Blow loose fill insulation into wall cavities to reduce heat loss and air infiltration.
- Floor Insulation: Provide vapor barrier on the ground, and install fiberglass batt insulation in the joist cavities.
- Windows: Based on results from home assessment, window treatments may not be cost-effective.
- Skirting: Install appropriate materials around perimeter of the dwelling unit to control air flow in the crawl space.
- Energy Education: Consultation with the Energy Professionals to maximize energy savings.
The following items must be provided in order to qualify for Weatherization (additional documentation may be required):
- Completed and signed YCAP Program Services Application
- All necessary authorizations completed by the owner/authorized agent and occupant
- Property is clear from safety and health hazards
In a duplex or a quadraplex, 50% of the units must be occupied by income-eligible households in order for the entire building to qualify for weatherization. In other multi-dwelling applications, require that 66% of the units meet the gross income guidelines.
Based on the availability of funds, applicants are selected from a priority waiting list.
GROSS INCOME GUIDELINES
For Use in Federal Fiscal Year 2016
Poverty Income Guidelines – Source USDOE
|Household Unit Size||Annual Income||Monthly Income|
|Each Additional Member||$8,320||$693.33|
For larger households, please contact YCAP’s Energy Services Department for Income Eligibility.